What is refurbishing?
Refurbishing is the process of restoring cracked cellphone screens to new cosmetic condition. For cracked device screens that have only sustained damage to the glass (and not to the LCD), we are able to separate and replace the cracked glass.
What is the process for a refurbishing order?
1. Place an order (you must create a Fossil Tech account to place an order if you do not have one already).
Prepaid Shipping Labels
2. You will receive a prepaid label after submitting your order. Select the appropriate shipping method. The shipping method that you select will determine how fast your screens are shipped to us. We will be shipping standard flat rate back to you unless otherwise specified. (You can leave a note for us in the “Order Notes” section of the checkout page if you need your order expedited). You will only be charged for shipping to us (we will cover return shipping).
3. Package your screens in a box and drop it off at your local USPS store.
4. You can log onto your Fossil Tech account and view the status of your screens (e.g., “In refurbishing,” “Completed,” or “Ready for store pickup”). We will also notify you via email about the status of your screens.
5. Your refurbished screens are shipped back to you and the process is complete!
Color of Screens
Regardless of the number of white/black cracked screens that you send us, Fossil Tech can refurbish your desired color. Please select your desired color before adding items to your cart. We will refurbish the colors specified on your invoice. For example, if you have 5 black iPhone 6 screens, you can select any desired color combination (3 white and 2 black, or 1 white and 4 black, etc.).
When do I pay?
Your credit card will be authorized only after checkout. We will not charge you until we have received your screens and have started refurbishing. It will be the same process if you choose to pay via PayPal. This will help reduce refunds for screens that we cannot refurbish. Occasionally there will be issues with authorization if the transaction is closed by the issuing bank of the customer. At this point, we will contact you if billing information is needed again.
How long does it take?
Excluding shipping time (from you to us, and back to you), orders under 100 pieces can be refurbished in 3 business days. The whole process usually takes 5-7 business days, depending on your location. Due to volume and supplies, it may occasionally take us longer to handle orders. You will be notified if there is a delay with your order.